Aromasin (exemestane) works as a steroidal aromatase inhibitor, functioning to reduce estrogen production by blocking the enzyme responsible. It was developed for postmenopausal women battling cancer and in particular need of aggressive therapy, where first-line medications have not worked successfully. On the average, Aromasin (exemestane) has an 85% rate for estrogen suppression, which makes it effective for treating cancer since certain cancers grow due to the body's estrogen supply. Cut the estrogen and you help slow down the cancer. As for steroids use, Aromasin is a good option because male bodybuilders don't have to worry about aromatization, the conversion of estrogen in the body, which is then responsible for side effects like acne, water retention, and gynecomastia. It is also not too harsh on blood lipids which make it great for long cycles. Since it also raises testosterone levels, it also makes for a great component of a Post-Cycle-Therapy.
Possible side effects of Aromasin (exemestane) include:
- Hot flashes and sweating – normally mild and usually wears off after some time although some people find that cutting back or avoiding coffee, tea, alcohol, and nicotine helps alleviate the sweating. Recent studies show that using progestogens or anti-depressants may address this particular side effect.
- Nausea – relief may be achieved by opting to take your dose at night or with food
- Fatigue – not common; plenty of rest is normally enough to address it
- Headaches – also not common; best to consult with your doctor before taking any kind of painkiller medication
- Difficulty with sleeping – a warm bath or a warm drink before going to bed usually helps
- Diarrhea and abdominal pain – very few cases reported; if the pains become bothersome, over-the-counter medication may be used but if it becomes severe, you are advised to tell your doctor about it. Don't forget to drink plenty of fluids since diarrhea can cause dehydration.
- Thinning hair – normally occurs during the course of treatment and stops once you stop taking Aromasin (exemestane)
- Osteoporosis – increased risk; women who already have osteoporosis or at risk for it should go in for an assessment before and during the course of treatment. Depending on individual cases, bone-strengthening drugs may be used to ensure that osteoporosis doesn't develop.
Steroids for all your needs
Aromasin (exemestane) is just one of the many steroids that are beneficial for both for medical and athletic use. Steroid Sources brings you information on how to use this steroid to achieve optimum results. We can also provide you with information about other steroids that are safe and legal to use.